[Apr 12, 2014] Midwest Gaming Classic 2014 (Brookfield, WI)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ken, Dec 16, 2013.

• by Ken, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • Ken

Ken Red Gaming Ninja Staff Member

The Midwest Gaming Classic returns to the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield hotel in Brookfield, Wisconsin on April 12th and 13th, 2014! Join us in the Retroids room for a ton of gaming goodness! Retroids founders (Ken, Terry and Paul) will be running consoles at their tables as well as running their Retroids Videolympics high score contests. The Retroids Podcast Network (RPN) will be around to meet and greet their listeners. Join them in some casual gaming sessions, meet & greets as well as their designated contests and podcast roundtable sessions. Galloping Ghost arcade joins us in the Retroids room again this year, and will have a myriad of arcade games to play, including custom arcade cabinets! Learn how to repair your own arcade cabinet in their hands-on classes, and play against Team GGA in the newest iteration of Killer Instinct.

What is the Midwest Gaming Classic?

The Midwest Gaming Classic is about celebrating gaming.
    All of the main organizers of the Midwest Gaming Classic are gamers first. The show began in 2001 as a celebration of one of our favorite game consoles, and it has blossomed since then into a 40,000+ square foot gaming extravaganza that covers everything a gamer could want to know about the industry, from Pong to the PS3 and everything in between (and even older with some of the pinball machines)!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is about trying new things.
    No matter what you are into now, we want you to stop in and try your hand at a little bit of everything. If you like the old school games, try some of the latest ones. If you like new games, try some of the old. If you like pinball, take the time to check out the computers. And so on. The Midwest Gaming Classic will introduce you to all aspects of electronic gaming, and you’ll have a lot of fun with them all.

The Midwest Gaming Classic is about learning things about the hobby of electronic gaming.
    No one knows every aspect about his or her favorite aspects of gaming. Whether you find out something new by interacting with the person that created the game or just another fan who found something neat out, if you look around, there are lots of great opportunities to learn new and exciting things about your favorite hobby.

The Midwest Gaming Classic is about meeting other people who share the love of electronic gaming. The event is a place where friends who chat on the internet get together to meet face-to-face for the first time; where old friends run into each other and discuss their favorite arcade game that they used to play together as kids in the arcade. Everyone can meet new friends who share a common interest.

Finally, the Midwest Gaming Classic is fun. This means exactly what it sounds like. If you come to the show and you enjoy any sort of electronic gaming, you will have fun playing your favorites, competing against others, hearing from people in the industry about how games are made and finding new games to purchase and play. No matter if you only have one console and a handful of games or so many different games and consoles that you lost count years ago, you’ll have fun at this show.

The official website for the Midwest Gaming Classic event is www.midwestgamingclassic.com

Going to the Midwest Gaming Classic? Discussing it over social media? Use hashtag #RetroidsMGC

Retroids Room Schedule - MGC 2014

Join us on Saturday, April 12th and Sunday, April 13th in the Retroids room, located in the lower level at the Brookfield Milwaukee Sheraton Hotel in Moorland Room 1,2,3:

The Retroids Room - including Galloping Ghost Arcade!

Check out the list of events below:

Saturday, April 12th and Sunday April 13th features:
    • Retroids Videolympics High Score Contests will feature random drawings for 1st and 2nd place trophies, Amazon gift cards, circus tickets and a chance to win a RetroN 5 video game console! (Note: RetroN 5 not given away at show. For details, visit www.retroids.com)
    • Galloping Ghost Arcade - Killer Instinct (2013) cab tournament (time TBD)
    • Gamers Only Older - random board gaming sessions
    • Galloping Ghost Arcade - Dark Presence fighting game presentation (time TBD)
    • Interactive Distractions - Killer Instinct (XB1) and/or Street Fighter 4 (PS3) tournament (TBD)
    • Galloping Ghost Arcade - Arcade cabinet repair lessons (on request)
    • PS Nation - multiplayer sessions with Towerfall: Ascension (4-player local multiplayer)
    • DJ Scott Sauer spins tunes in the Retroids Room
    • LIVE podcasts
    • Meet & greet podcasters from the Retroids Podcast Network (RPN)
    • Crafting Mama - special kids project for Sunday (Family Day) - Minecraft "Creeper" and LEGO® people masks

Saturday, April 12th schedule of events:
    10am
    - The MGC show begins!
    11am - Retroids Videolympics: First session - Console high score contest. Compete to get on the high score board, trophies and prizes. (ends at noon)
    2pm - Retroids Videolympics: Second session - Console high score contest. Compete to get on the high score board, trophies and prizes. (ends at 3pm); Galloping Ghost Arcade LIVE podcast session (ends at 3pm)
    3pm - Interactive Distractions LIVE podcast session (ends at 4:30pm)
    4:30pm - Scott Sauer of Gamers Only Older DJs and spins some tracks for the Retroids room.
    5pm - A Band of Gamers score chase with Joe Danger 2 The Movie (PS3) - part of the Retroids Videolympics high score sessions (ends at 8pm)
    8pm - Show ends...everybody out!

Sunday, April 13th features and schedule of events:
    10am -
    Sunday show begins!
    11am - Crafting Mama - Crafting Mama returns with a special kids project for Sunday (Family Day) - Minecraft "Creeper" and LEGO® people masks! Two popular franchises - Minecraft and Lego (The Lego Movie) are hot right now and resonate with today's youth. The Sisters in Gaming will be there to help kids of all ages design their own Lego character masks and Minecraft "Creeper" masks at the Crafting Mama Table found in the Retroids room on Sunday starting at 11am. Coloring pages with Minecraft and Lego characters will also be provided as an alternative activity. (ends at 3pm)
    1pm - Killer Instinct (XB1) and/or Street Fighter 4 (PS3) tournament [Interactive Distractions] (ends at 3pm)
    1:30pm - PS Nation Live podcast session (ends at 3:30pm)
    2pm - Retroids Videolympics: Second session - Console high score contest. Compete to get on the high score board and to win circus tickets. (ends at 3pm)
    3:30pm - Scott Sauer of Gamers Only Older DJs and spins some tracks for the Retroids room.
    5pm - End of show. See you next year!

We'll be LIVE streaming the entire time in the Retroids Room, so don't forget to check out the main page of Retroids to see a list of live streams going on throughout the weekend. If you can't make it to MGC, join us in the shoutbox or on the www.twitch.tv/retroids chat. See you there!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Prime, DocNonsensical and Randum like this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ken, Dec 16, 2013.

Midwest Gaming Classic 2014
Start Date: Apr 12, 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: Apr 13, 2014 10:00 PM
Time zone: America/Chicago -05:00 CDT

375 South Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005

Posted By: Ken

Confirmed Attendees: 18
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Anim8td_fan
    I'm going to try and go to MGC this year, plus it falls on the perfect weekend.
    Trickman and Randum like this.
  2. Boric
    I've missed a few in a row now, but hopefully now that the little guy is older, I can make the trip again. Would really love to be there.
    Trickman and Randum like this.
  3. Randum
    Absolutely love this event every year! Can't wait for meeting up with old friends, making new ones and lots of gaming. Hope everyone can make it, this year looks to be pretty big compared to years past.
    Trickman likes this.
  4. SinfoniaSam
    I've got my hotel reserved, and tickets purchases! My partner Jeff will be coming with me this year too!

Get your hotel soon. With how big the event is now, you may be stuck at a neighboring hotel if you don't act soon.
    Trickman likes this.
  5. SinfoniaSam
    And some of us are going with PS Nation to a Brewers game on Friday. You should check that out too if you're interested.
  6. Ken
    Make sure you RSVP if you're coming!
  7. Fivespot
    I'm there of course. Looking forward to it this year more than any other since we've got some long distance A Band of Gamers joining in for the first time.
    Trickman likes this.
  8. Ken
    Awesome!! The more the merrier, eh?
  9. mikeohara
    I wish I would be able to make it, but knowing my luck I'll get stuck with doing EoFY inventory out of town ...
  10. DHG Hunter
    Quick question... WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game or one of the wrestling games on the N64?

... Yes, it will show up in the museum room. ;)

Later.
  11. Trickman
    Both are decent. However, really have an affinity for WWF: No Mercy on N64. That one is still my favorite wrestling game of all time.
    Randum likes this.
  12. Randum
    Officially got both my brother and sister coming this year - and maybe my bro-in law as well.

Now to figure out what games I want to hunt down in the vendor hall.....
    Trickman likes this.
  13. saskbob
    Going to see how this works into my Calendar. Really want to make it. And WCW NWO revenge for N64 all the way!
    Trickman likes this.
  14. biffstix
    I will be there this year... It will be great to see everyone again
    Trickman likes this.
  15. Ken
    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.
  16. Trickman
    Same here!! It'll be great seeing everyone! :)
  17. Shino
    This just in... I may be there this year.
    Not 100% yet... but I'm working on it.
    Randum and Trickman like this.
  18. Trickman
    Woo! Hope it works out! :D
  19. saskbob
    I should be there! Just deciding on where to fly to, Milwaukee or Chicago at the moment.