Are we the last one standing?

Discussion in 'ABOG Podcast' started by Fivespot, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Fivespot

Fivespot ABOG Podcast

We're still going folks and I often wonder if anyone is still here when I post new episodes to the forums. Although we've been at it a long time and a lot has changed over the years including old age creeping in, the relationships and friendships we've made along the way is more than enough reason to keep it going. At least for me.

Hope you're all well. If you're reading this. Long live VGEvo.
  2. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

I'm here, I admit I do not visit as much as I used to.
    really hoping that things pick up again, miss all the conversations on the forum
    Fivespot likes this.
  3. Plankfan

Plankfan This isn't Twitter

Still popping in occasionally :)
    Fivespot likes this.
  4. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

I come by now and then. Anyone looking for some Sea of Thieves shenigans give me a shout.
    Fivespot likes this.
  5. Gruel

Gruel Hulkamaniac

I occasionally check in every so often. I usually love checking out the game completions thread and posting in there as it usually bopping all these years, but I am surprised to see the 2018 installment quickly lose steam
  6. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

Hey guys, haven't checked in a while, but still miss the old times when this place was packed. Hope anyone who's at MGC this weekend has been having a blast. I'm gonna try to get to the more local Southern Fried Gaming Expo here in Atlanta in June.
  7. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Hi everyone! I was just at MGC 2018 and saw some of my old VGEvo buddies there. Good times! As co-founder of this place, I still think of it from time to time, but my heart is fully vested in Pixel Blast Arcade. I've wanted to open an arcade since forever and now that I have done so, it's turned into a LOT of work to keep it going. I have to maintain a full-time job on top of it, as the arcade can support itself, but not myself or Paul yet. So, that's where a ton of my time is going, and when I finally have a breather, I'm content with not thinking of video games for a while. ;) I love the Switch, still play PS4 occasionally, and rarely turn on the Xbox One. But my focus still remains on finding, repairing and bringing arcade games back from the dead and onto my arcade floor. Trying to personally collect arcade SHMUPS as well, but those are increasingly hard to find and even more difficult to buy, as they're priced in the realm of the ridiculous -- hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars.

Well, to all of you who still frequent here, keep on gaming and please give credit to Ken Williams for keeping the doors open :) For all of your VGEvo requests/questions, etc., he's the man.

Take care!
  8. Fivespot

Fivespot ABOG Podcast

I'm sad I missed you there. Stuck by the stage all weekend and by time we finally got the sound loaded out your door was closed for Pixel Blast. Was an hour or so after event ended Sunday night. Next year for sure and best of luck on the arcade.
    Trickman likes this.
  9. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

Good to hear from you Terry!

I've been doing a lot more Steam gaming as the kids have gotten older and tend to take over the TV more often. I have enjoyed the Switch as well, and my youngest, Henry, got a PS4 for Xmas, so I've played on a few games there. Played through the Shadow of Colossus remake which was a ton of fun.

That's awesome to the arcade. It sounds like a blast (pun intended)! If I ever get up that way again, I'd love to come check it out.

And thanks Ken for keeping the site in running order!
    Trickman likes this.
  10. Trickman

Well, you saw the weather on Sunday. It was unbelievable --- a near blizzard in April. We had to start shutting down early if we even had a chance of getting out at a decent time. And this time, unlike any other, we brought 10 arcade machines and went back with 12. That–in and of itself–was the hardest part. I still ended up returning the Uhaul at 11pm that night. Exhausted! Then for about 2 weeks after, I've been fighting a post-MGC cold. I'm just about over it, but its been pretty brutal. Fun show, but a lot of work! :)
  11. Trickman

Awesome! Come check it out if you get out this way. Take care!
  12. Fivespot

Fivespot ABOG Podcast

I caught that one too. Took like ten days to ditch it. I suppose it's from being run down too.