Game Completion Thread 2016!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Anim8td_fan, Jan 6, 2016.

1. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

36- Actual Sunlight

sad game about depression
  2. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

61. Trouble Witches Origin -Episode1 Daughters of Amalgam- (Steam, 2016/12/05, 8.4 hours)

This doujin SHMUP went comic market scene PC debut, then Arcade, then 360 and now Steam! The core game remains as refined as ever, but the "Origin" release was reworked and enhanced in many ways: re-adjusted visuals, new magic card (power up), new modes and a new character with new story line. There are all the modes you can ask for; Origin AC (arcade with Origin assets, no story), Origin Story (character's story line), Origin Challenge (score attack, get as many points in 2 or 5 minutes) and AC (the original Arcade release!). The STG is bullet hell, but with a major twist. You can and must dodge bullet curtains, but the player can also create a magic circle that slows bullets down and converts bullets to coins, when you shoot their shooter. The magic circle depletes over time and needs to be used strategically. It's the core gameplay element to make the whole chaos manageable. Controlling the mayhem and creating heaps of coins is amazingly satisfying. The coins can be used to buy power ups at Pumpkin Girl's store, witch pops up twice every stage. The power ups help in a pinch and offer additional firepower for a short amount of time. I'm completely in love with this game: it runs buttery smooth, plays great, lots of fun to be had, the characters and their stories are adorable and funny.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

0021 - Metamorphabet - 4th December - PC DRMFREE - So I bought the "a good bundle" and finally got this game (which is on sale for next to nothing right now) and it's as sweet and charming as expected!If you don't know, you go through the alphabet, clicking on each letter finding all the cool secret things hidden in it. I actually let my Mum playthrough it first and she like it alot! I let my nephew play it too and liked it aswell. Everybody likes it! It's great.

0022 - The Hole Story - 8th December - PC STEAM -
    Last year or so I backed a kickstarter for Girls Make Games and this is what they made. It was quite fun, and silly, I especially liked Sir Unicorny Corn! And I loved how it was very 'made by kids', right down to the puns.... The hundreds of puns.
  4. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

24. Sword of Xolan (12/13/16, Android)

A competent mobile action platformer. Nothing particular to write home about. And a few of the achievements are bugged, which kept me from getting 100%.
  5. Boric

25. PACMAN 256 (12/17/16, Steam)

A pretty fun endless version of PacMan with lots of different powerups and types of ghosts that attack in different styles. I realized I've passed the "Mission Complete" Achievement which is where ChryZ marked this as finished. But I definitely see myself playing a few games of this each day, and continuing to progress unlocking more powerups.
  6. Boric

26. Plantera (12/18/16, Steam, All achievements)

This is a cute idle/clicker game where you build a garden/farm. It's fairly soothing and would've been a cool screen saver back in the day when those were more widely used because it's so chill. Theoretically this kind of game goes forever, but I've finished all the achievements, and there's nothing more to unlock, so I'm calling it done.
  7. Boric

27. Sally's Law (12/18/16, Steam)

This is a fairly basic puzzle platformer, but you're here because this is one of those "games as art" games. The story intertwined with the mechanics weave an emotional tale. Definitely worth the hour or two it lasted.
  8. teran36

37- Skyrim(ps4)

this game doesn't end but I got the plat.
  9. Boric

28. Cally's Trials (12/20/16, Steam, All achievements)

A decent action platformer, that apparently started as a mobile game. Gets a bit repetitive gameplay wise, but the new enemies and weapons showing up every so often help keep it fresh. And levelling up the character and different guns, and buying powerups is enjoyable as well.
  10. teran36

38- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  11. Boric

29. Handsome Mr Frog (12/23/16, Steam)

A classic single screen platformer in the vein of an oldschool game like Bubble Bobble or even Original Mario Bros. The levels just get packed with more and more enemies and it becomes an endurance run. I got all achievements except the one for getting all 50 hats... but I did get up to 3rd on the leaderboard on my last run :)
    [​IMG]
    ChryZ likes this.
  12. teran36

39- Criminal Girls 2 Party Favors

Fun dungeon crawler with a good and sometimes frustrating battle system
  13. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Reported for being an illegal immigrant from the country highscore.
    Boric likes this.
  14. Boric

30. Refunct (12/26/16, Steam, All achievements)

A very gorgeous, if plain, first person platformer. Super smooth graphics, and superb control. But you can 100% this in about 20 minutes. Maybe worth a look in a bundle or for less than a buck, but otherwise, ehhh, pass.
  15. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

62. Undertale (Steam, 2016/12/27, 9.3 hours)

Looks like a low-bit RPG, but runs way deep. Its story plays with you, its interface plays with you and I'm not talking about the gameplay all together. There's lots of creativity in terms of breaking conventions. Undertale slams the indie card so hard on the table, it's magnificent. Definitely a standout title with feels, brains, all shades of humor, great sprite work and excellent soundtrack.

63. BLUE REVOLVER (Steam, 2016/12/27, 8 hours)

The dev team was clearly hell-bent to create a love letter to classics like CAVE's DoDonPachi. Well, they definitely succeed. This bullet hell SHMUP is LEGIT. The whole package is: well tuned gameplay, modes for every skill level / play style, bonus unlocks, missions mode with bite sized challenges, a god-tier soundtrack, fantastic sprite work and art direction. The polish on display is almost scary. Best of all: BLUE REVOLVER is so much fun to play.
  16. Boric

31. That Dragon, Cancer (12/27/16, Steam)

I hate to even consider this a game completion, not because it isn't an amazing experience, but because it's not so much a game, as much as a heart-wrenching story, with some interactive elements. If you have children this game will likely tear you to pieces. Many tears were shed while learning about Joel and his family and many of the situations they lived through. Highly recommended, but be prepared for some serious emotions.
  17. Boric

32. Carpe Diem (12/27/16, Steam, All (one) achievements)

Twelve minutes of pretty dull story here. Pass.

33. Voices from the Sea (12/27/16, Steam)

Cute story about an antisocial boy who gets a new perspective on life with a little help. Starts a bit rough, but gets better as it goes. Lasts about 40 minutes
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  18. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

0023 - Void&Meddler- 30th December - PC DRMFREE - That's episode 2 done! Man, Void & Meddler is so cool but it 's a tad confusing! It plays with reality, I'm not sure everything is entirely literal, and it's non linaer story made me think I glitched it, but I think I'm starting to get it! Anyway, I really like it but be warned: I had to use a walkthrough beacause some of the puzzles were just nonsense. Like you need to find a cat... that's not on screen, or makes any noise... Oh, and there are other visible cats, but they're not the cats you want. Still I look forward to the last episode!
  19. Boric

34. Planet of the Eyes (12/30/16. Steam, All achievements)

This is basically Limbo, except with a sentient robot main character who crash landed with it's creator on a creepy alien planet. You find audio logs of his human companion along the way, which relays the story. Pretty enjoyable puzzles, and it last about an hour or two.
  20. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

4. [PS4] LEGO Marvel's Avengers

5. [PS4] Fallout 4

6. [PS4] Furi - I liked this game a lot as it is a pretty difficult, bullet hell, action game with a great soundtrack which all combined together makes for a fantastic game.

7. [PS4] DOOM (11/20/16) - I really enjoyed playing this as it was a great spin on a classic game.

8. [PS4] Ratchet and Clank (11/26/16) - This game brought me back to when I played the original R&C with some pretty great comedic moments.

9. [PS4] Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (12/24/16) - This was one of my least favorite AC games as there wasn't a lot of substance and interesting story telling specially for the precursor related story line.

10. [PC] Super Hot - This was a great idea for a game witch a great game play mechanic that works very well when everything flows perfectly.