Happy 20th Anniversary, PlayStation!

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Dec 3, 2014.

• by Trickman, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

It's been 20 years since the original PlayStation console launched (December 3rd, 1994 in Japan). To celebrate, Sony has released a 20th Anniversary edition of the PS4 in original PS1 colors, and it's gorgeous!

15749705939_06c7d070e5_z.jpg

Shuhei Yoshida, President, SCE Worldwide Studios posted about this special moment in history on the PlayStation.Blog. You can read all about it here or in the quoted text below.

What are your favorite PlayStation moments?
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Prime
    For PS1 I remember buying Official PlayStation Magazine that had a demo of Metal Gear Solid on the disc - I thought it was just going to be a racing game, then when I seen inside the magazine what it was I played the demo... pretty much until the full game was released. That and Final Fantasy VII.

On PS2 there were so many great games but Silent Hill 2, Persona 3 and 4, Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were probably my fave games on the console! Silent Hill 2 is still my fave in the series.

On PS3 it was definitely Bionic Commando and DmC Devil May Cry - those games just went over and above in terms of being entertaining. Bionic Commando remains my All-Time fave game. Other shout outs go to the Fallout games and Resident Evil 5 was crazy too.

PSP would definitely have to be PataPon, Dracula X Chronicles, Crisis Core and Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Vita is definitely the Youtube App - most used thing, but in terms of games, I love the monster hunter clones like Soul sacrifice and Toukiden. The hand held is sweet, with a huge range of very fun games on there :D

PS4 remains to be seen but so far my most played game is Destiny... Whether that's genuinely the best memory I have or whether it's just down to me and my friends having insane riotous laughter while gaming - I don't quite know. Probably the latter.

Thanks Sony, the PlayStation has been my console of choice since I got the PS1 in like... 1996-ish? So keep it all coming!

@D2FXPrime
    Randum likes this.
  2. Randum
    Well this is pretty neat! As much as I like these cool color schemes, its so hard to justify getting another console if I have it already!!!

I do remember some great titles on each Playstation console, and memories of the launch days/when I purchased it as well.

The more I play the PS4, the more I like it just as much if not more than my PS3.