New Nintendo 3DS - Yes, that's what it's called

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Aug 29, 2014.

• by Trickman, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • Trickman

Trickman Admin Extraordinaire Staff Member

Nintendo has released yet another iteration of the 3DS. Are we really surprised? It's called New Nintendo 3DS. That's a catchy title right there (sarcasm inserted for effect). But before you go poking your eyes out in frustration, listen up (Hey! Listen!).

It's faster with bigger screens and better battery life. It also has a new analog pad called the C-stick. You may remember the C-stick from the Nintendo GameCube controller. It has a more powerful CPU, which allows faster download of games and supposedly better looking games as well.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of nice added features—the screen can automatically adjust brightness depending on the lighting, which is not only convenient, but it also saves on battery power. Also there's no more 3D "sweet spot." The New 3DS has improved 3D, which allows players to continue to see the 3D effect even if viewed from an angle. This is achieved with the portable's camera and gyro sensors to track the player's face. It also makes adjustments to make sure the image isn't blurred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, the system is also equipped with a NFC reader/writer in its bottom screen, which means players can put Amiibo toys directly on the portables screen and have the New 3DS read them.

[​IMG]

The New Nintendo 3DS comes in Black and White. There is also a New Nintendo 3DS XL that comes in Metallic Blue and Metallic Black. It is priced at 16,000 yen ($154) and the New Nintendo 3DS XL is priced at 18,800 yen ($181). Both will be out October 11 in Japan.

Source: Kotaku
    DocNonsensical likes this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. saskbob
    I could see myself getting one. I have the old 3ds and the XL. And everyone in the family plays them to a certain extent.
  2. Trickman
    Yeah, there's a chance I may get one eventually because, yeah, I have to have every console and portable eventually. This would be my first 3DS XL though.
  3. Plankfan
    All my Nintendogs are dead.
  4. Randum
    I'd trade in my current 3ds XL for this little improvement. Any word on when its coming to the states?
  5. Trickman
    Nope, not yet. I'm sure it won't be too long after Japan.
  6. Boric
    Impressed with all the improvements, but disappointed that this is effectively a new console. I really hope there aren't many games that will only work on this new system, but apparently the Xenoblades Chronicles is a big one already.
  7. Trickman
    Yeah, this is the first time in my recollection that they're actually adding features that can effectively keep newer games from working on the previous model console. Not sure if that's a good idea or not.