Pixels - The Movie

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Trickman, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

This is gaming-related, but it's still a movie. I don't know what to think about this, but seeing it has classic video game characters in it, I'm hoping it gets done properly. I like Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage. Sandler...meh. Also it's his studio producing it. We'll see.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.philstar.com/movies/2014/07/23/1349432/classic-video-game-characters-unite-film-pixels
  2. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

I still love Adam Sandler's screwball comedies, but hopefully this will not be in the same vein.
  3. Trickman

The trailer is here. Check it out. I'm getting a little more excited about it now.

4. Boric

Well it definitely looks like it won't take itself seriously, but it looks like a fun family movie. That Pac-man scene at the end had me rolling!

Also, did you see the easter egg frame for the Mobile game download?
  5. Trickman

Yep, I caught it. Clever!
  6. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

Anything with Adam Sandler has me running the other direction. His movies are complete and utter garbage. I liked the video game theme until I saw he was involved....
  7. Trickman

It's got classic video games. I'm going to see it, no matter who is starring in it. Yeah, I know...I'm weak.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  8. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

The movie looks super dumb, I'll watch it, although not in the theater but at home.

BTW, Patrick Jean's 2010 indie animated film that it's based on ...

9. Trickman

I'll pay to see it in the theater. I paid to see both Mortal Kombat movies...why not this one? ;)
  10. Boric

Ehhh, I'm sure it'll be mindless and ridiculous, but I enjoy that about Sandler and Kevin James sometimes. I'm looking forward to it still. Doubt I'll see it in theatres (I barely see anything at the movies), but will be looking forward to it hitting netflix or the like.
  11. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

I'm not that keen on recent Adam Sandler comedies so I'm not really excited to watch this in theaters but when it comes out on something like Netflix or the movie channels on TV then I'll check it out.
  12. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

I would mainly watch this one for its premise. The first and last Sandler movie I liked was Happy Gilmore. So yeah, exceptions are sufficiently curbed here.
  13. mikestrife

mikestrife Bronze - Well-known

Looks fun. I'll check it out.