Podcast updates

Discussion in 'Interactive Distractions' started by Shino, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

As most of you already know... Jason has accepted and started a job with Giant Bomb.
    The entire InDis Family is very proud of what Jason has accomplished thus far with Game Informer and are looking forward to his contributions to Giant Bomb.

That said, we are still working out how we will be doing the podcast moving forward. Jason will still be on the show, but he is now 3 hours behind Geoff and I. It is likely that we will need to change our dates. Probably a Sunday recording day with a Tuesday/Wednesday release date.

We took the last week off due to his moving and personal issues that I was dealing with.
    We are planning on trying to record a show tomorrow and that show will hopefully release Tuesday.

We will also be working harder to keep this forum updated moving forward as time just hasn't permitted as of late. You can always get our latest episodes at our site or on our rss feed.
    http://InteractiveDistractions.com

We will keep you updated with this thread on any other podcast changes that are a result of these life changes.

Thanks for your continued support.
    Prime likes this.
  2. Plankfan

Plankfan This isn't Twitter

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! :)
  3. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

We did record 331 last night. I will try to have that edited tonight and out tomorrow.

This is new ground for us so please be patient while we make these changes.
  4. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

No problem, Chris. You guys have had a lot of things to go through and figure out. There's a great deal of adjustment and we know that, and we'll continue to support you in whatever way we can as you move forward.
  5. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

Still trying to get back into the regular rhythm. We recorded a couple of weeks ago and I just got the show posted.
    Things are still crazy for all of us. But we're trying
    Between my personal issues, Geoff's moving and Jason's being 3 hours behind us, getting the 3 of us together to record is difficult to say the least.

We will be recording this week though.

No QotW to report. We'll be doing our "featureless" structure.
    Emails and InDisQuestions are of course welcome and wanted.
  6. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

So... it finally happened.
    We have decided to move to every 2 weeks ... FOR NOW!
    It's just the timing of things. We all have personal matters that we are dealing with and then with the time difference between us and Jason, it just hasn't worked out that we could do the show weekly.

Once things settle down, we will probably end up going back to weekly, but or now, this is what is best for us and our families.
  7. Trickman

Completely understandable. You have our support!
  8. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

So with Travis stepping in on a more consistent basis, we are switching back to weekly for the time being.

Though, fair warning... we may take off a week for Christmas. :)

Check the forum for new Questions of the week as well... whereas we are not doing one every week right now, we are still doing them. We may take more than one week before features on the show depending on feed back and first half content.

As usual, you can look forward to the following shows coming up.
    Listeners' Game of the Year thoughts
    GotY deliberations
    GotY
    2014 Prediction revisit (love these shows)
    2015 predictions
    2015 Most Anticipated

and as Geoff alluded to ... wait ... he didn't allude to it... he flat out said it...
    Game of the Generation
  9. Trickman

Cool! Glad to hear it, guys. Merry Christmas!
  10. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

You too. Sorry I won't be able to make it this weekend. :(