RPT's Extra Life 2012 Podcast

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RPT, Nov 15, 2013.

1. RPT

RPT Guru Meditation Error

I guess this probably falls into the better late than never category but I finally finished editing together the audio I recorded whilst doing my 24 hour Extra Life gaming marathon from 2012. Full apologies to Gamers Only Older for [STRIKE]ripping off[/STRIKE] homaging your style of Extra Life show.

Behold 34 mins of me droning on about what I played while my brain turns to mush.

Hit the spoiler below to see the list of games I played during the event:
    [SPOIL]
    Nier (360)
    Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (PSN)
    Super Meat Boy (XBLA)
    Tokyo Jungle (PSN)
    Hard Corps Uprising (PSN)
    Trash Panic (PSN)
    Stacking (PSN)
    Armored Core V (PS3)
    Akai Katana (360)
    DoDonPachi Resurrection (360)
    [/SPOIL]
    I also recorded audio from this years Extra Life which I'm hoping to release in a more timely fashion.
  2. Fivespot

Fivespot ABOG Podcast

Finally got some free time (weekend) so gave this a listen. Anyone curious about what it's like to participate in Extra Life for the full 24 hours should give this a listen for some pretty detailed insight. Same with the Gamers Only Older Extra Life episodes which this seems to be a direct tribute to as it follows a very similar formula; record a chunk of audio on a regular basis throughout the entire event. Can really hear each participant getting tired as Extra Life progresses.

Going in I honestly didn't think RPT would crack up at all. Not sure why but he strikes me as a guy who could stay awake for 48 hours straight if interested enough in some hardcore gaming. His passion and knowledge has impressed me since I first discovered Retroids/VGEVO. I was wrong. Ha ha. Can hear him get real tired towards the end of this episode although the coffee seemed to pick him back up for at least an hour or two until fell further into the depths of being super-tired. I've participated a bunch of years now and although it's always a blast, I get really rough and grumpy towards the end.

Nice selection of games during this episode. Hearing about the Nier play through as it was progressing was probably a highlight for me. Liked the tape click sound inserted between each interval. Nice touch.

Well done RPT and I appreciate you sharing this.
  3. thesau31

thesau31 Podcast Network Member

Definitely going to need to check this out.
  4. RPT

RPT Guru Meditation Error

Thanks for the kind words Fivespot, and yes I am a human that requires sleep. Nice catch on the bumper being a tape click.

If you liked hearing my mind turn to mush you'll be in for a treat once I finish up editing together the recording from this years event. I listened back to the raw audio and did not hold up well... I guess that's what happens when you do 25 hours and handicap yourself by starting with a mild hangover.
  5. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

Listening now.....so far very interesting, love hearing about some games I haven't tried yet too