So what's everyone been playing, then?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Prime, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

Hi fellow Retroids' Prime here - this thread isn't particularly important. I just felt that it would be wise to start making threads to see how the site holds up with the added content.

So what are you guys up to? It's been a while since we've seen any of RayG's "Weekly what have you been playing this week?" threads, so in the same spirit of curiosity what have u guys been playing?

Aside from our recent Extra Life stream I've been playing some Arkham City again, I was thinking it would be a good idea to wait for the inevitable GotY of Arkham Origins instead of dropping £40 on something I'll end up having multiple copies of anyway. Also re-bought Symphony of the Night and Medievil PS1 classics today, because they're awesome.

Been getting back into DC stuff again, so I picked up some Injustice again as well as various other games like Spelunky - and I finally managed to finish Volgarr the Viking! What a fun, cool game!

So what about you guys?

~Prime
  2. Amy

Amy Gold Member

I'm currently playing TMNT on 360... I don't hate it like everyone else I know, but I also didn't grow up watching the cartoon lol.
    Played a lot of Happy Wars during Extra Life, now that's a super fun free to play game. Wish more people from here could have joined in on the good times. :(
    Lots of Diablo III and Borderlands 2, both great pick up and play co-op games.

Just hit 200k gamerscore, looking at 250k before next year's Extra Life. Goal created!
  3. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Testing out a ColecoVision I recently picked up, so... Donkey Kong, Mr. Do, Carnival, Gorf, Mouse Trap and Pepper II.
  4. mikestrife

mikestrife Bronze - Well-known

Jumping around alot since I'm trying to burn through my 360 backlog since I won't have room for the machine once the Xbone One comes out.

Currently Playing: Lost Planet 3, Witcher 2, Far Cry 3.

Also trying to replay Bioshock 1 and Infinite before Burial at Sea comes out. Right at the end of Infinite, and in Arcadia in the original.
  5. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

Bought Batman: Arkham Origins when it came out on PC but since it wasn't running great I rented and finished Saints Row 4 in the mean time. Now I have gone back to playing Batman: Arkham Origins.
  6. Ken

Ken Red Gaming Ninja Staff Member

Ha ha! This temp site will be plenty stable, thanks! Post away! Anyway, Borderlands 2 has been my go to game the past year. Still is.
  7. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

Been playing some Advance Wars, the post apocalyptic one and a bunch of NHL 2014. And just started getting into the BF4 multiplayer on PS3, got it because of the upgrade deal for PS4.
  8. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Currently I play the Dishonored DLC, Electronic Super Joy from the current Groupees Be Mine X bundle and more Dragon's Crown on hard.

I completed a few games:

62. Mamorukun Curse! (PS3, 2013/10/06)

Cleared story and arcade mode, awesome SHUMP and surprisingly packed. Definitely
    not a quick'n'dirty arcade port. It took me a moment before I understood all of
    its mechanics, but pure bliss once it all clicked. Adorable characters and stor
    y, all anime tropes were present.

63. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Steam, 2013/10/12)

Pretty dull at times, but excellent pixel art, music and sound design.

64. Dishonored (Steam, 2013/10/25)

This reminded me of Deus Ex HR gameplay-wise with Gangs of New York aesthetics. Lots of different paths to each objective and gameplay that supports stealth as well as action. I realy enjoyed the story with all its awesome twists and quirky characters. Stunner after a few ini tweaks and SGSSAA:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

65. Dragon's Crown (PS3, normal, 2013/10/27)

Stunning fantasy RPG beat'em up and such a VanillaWare game: beautiful animation, magnificent art and polished gameplay.

66. Titan Attacks (Steam, 2013/11/03)

The game starts off really slow with a Space Invaders like pace, but ramps up quickly to something like Galaga on steroids and cocaine. The screen is exploding in pixel fireworks after a few stages and upgrades to your little tank. Fun neo-retro shooter!
  9. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

My brother went to blizzcon this past weekend I was able to watch most of it from the stream so naturally I was all about Blizzard! Working on my current Diablo3 characters, trying to max out all the characters before the expansion (at least to the first few paradym levels)

But I did just completely go knee deep on PC games, jumping on the sale for BF4 and COD(guilty pleasure of mine) - I always liked BF series and this new one is no exception, so I have been playing this a fair amount as well. COD Is more of my replacement for not having any arena shooters...

My favorite game right now hands down is HEARTHSTONE, for anyone who has not checked this out, its Blizzard's new game, which is an online card game, free to play (currently in beta, sign up!! http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/). has some great competitive ways to play, also you can buy cards with in game currency or real money. Highly, highly recommend it!
  10. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

Oh man, classic games from my childhood!

I haven't played too much, but I've played through 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeovers... a decent match-3 game with lots of alternate goals and minigames. Trying to make more Steam time on a regular basis.
  11. shill11

shill11 Bronze Member

I have fallen down the very deep rabbit hole that is League of Legends and I kinda hate myself for it lol. Unfortunately with Watch Dogs being delayed and not being able to afford a new console I don't see my addiction subsiding anytime soon. Hoping I can kick it before the Steam Christmas sale.
  12. BubbaBBQ

BubbaBBQ Bronze Member

I haven't played much of anything for about 3 months. I did build a HTPC / Gaming Computer for the Living room. I haven't played any PC games for about 15 years. I picked up a few things on Steam sale, but haven't gotten my teeth into anything yet.
    Bubba
  13. EvilPirateJohn

EvilPirateJohn Bronze Member

Wind Waker HD
    Dead Rising 3
    Call of Duty Ghosts - XB1
    Battlefield 4 - XB1
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Resogun

I need to get going on my 360/ps3 backlog again too. I might begin Resident Evil 6 or Killer is Dead soon.
  14. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I've picked up Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on PS3 for UBER cheap due to the January sale. been playing that - hot freakin' damn is that game amazing? So expansive, feels like classic Final Fantasy had a baby with Pokemon and it's SO good for it. If you haven't played it and like either FF or Pokemon, I'd highly recommend it!

Aside from that I've been playing bits and bobs: I started Soul Sacrifice on Vita last night, Started a new game of Skyrim on PC, Completed Lego Marvel, I'm about half way through the story of Lego Batman 2 and re-bought and played some LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3. It's a very good time to be a PS+ subscriber combined with some PC gaming!