Titanfall - Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trickman, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Doesn't look half bad. Not that we can tell frame rate from these vids. But even if it's not on par with the Xbox One version, I'm still tempted to give it a shot (pending on players of course).

Some vids:

Thoughts from engadget:

2. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

The game is fun, but I think the framerate will suffer quite a bit on 360.
    Can't say I would pay $60 for it though. I feel like for 360 it should be like $40 since they won't be supporting it as well (likely) and it's not on par with the $60 XBone version.
  3. Trickman

This may help with frame rate issues:
  4. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

That definitely will help... but from what I hear... there are times when even the XBone version drops sub 30.
    That said... I'm sure it will be easily playable for sure
  5. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

I would like to see it played on a 360, not sure I would play it on there though.. I am pretty happy on the PC right now...
  6. Raonak

Raonak Bronze - Active

Never doubt bluepoint. porting masters
  7. Trickman

I guess I'll be finding out next week. I took the plunge for $36.99.
  8. Trickman

Okay, I picked this up for a great price. I thought it'd be arriving by Tuesday, but it came early (this past Saturday). I got some time in to play it, and I've gotta say, I'm pretty impressed overall. The servers had plenty of people on them, matchmaking wasn't too bad, and I even enjoyed playing with randoms (it would've been better with friends), but the overall experience was positive. I out of about 40-50 matches over the weekend, I only recall one with significant lag that affected game play—and the lag only lasted for a total of 30 seconds. After that, it smoothed out to a serviceable rate. Most every match played great. Frame rate dips for the most part were hardly noticeable.

Graphics? Bluepoint Games did a nice job on the conversion. It looks great, plays fast, and I had basically no trouble getting into a game at any time. For the short amount of time this game has been out, I'm surprised the servers are so stable.

I never expected to have more than an "acceptable" experience with the Xbox 360 version of this game, but I'm pleasantly surprised how well the game looks and plays. Yes, the Xbox One and PC still trounces it in the graphics category, but not by a huge margin. Lower detail, yes, but still impressive.

Comparison video by IGN: