WANTED: Community Evangelists

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Trickman, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

As VGEvo.com (and its parent company Retroids) continues to grow and expand its properties, we’re looking for a few good folks to join our team and help us increase community engagement on the social media front as well as the site itself.

“Community evangelist” is a term defined as: one who fosters community. If you see yourself as one who enjoys engaging with other folks that share your interests and hobbies as a gamer, someone who is looking to show their writing talents to the masses, or a person who generally has a passion for social media, “Community evangelist” may be the perfect volunteer position for you! If you are interested in taking on a larger role in our community, please post in this thread and a mod will contact you—OR send a private message/conversation to Trickman, Ken, Paul, or Plankfan on the VGEvo.com website. If you prefer email, send a message with the subject: Community Evangelist to admin@vgevo.com.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
  2. MadScientist18

MadScientist18 Amplified Gamers Co-host

I think this is a great idea! I'll make sure I retweet this post in case anyone who follows me or our show might be interested in helping out!
    Trickman likes this.
  3. Trickman

Bumping this up.

Anyone interested in helping out this community? We have lots of great people here and I know some of you would like to get involved more with the site. We'll walk you through everything you need to know, so don't feel intimidated...it's a lot easier than it may seem, and you'll have a great team of people right there to help you become an expert community evangelist. Heck, we'll even give you your own name color upgrade, so everyone knows you're awesome. ;)
  4. Moofers

Moofers Moderator Staff Member

I used to be signed up here, but I think you guys had a reset and my account was scrubbed. Obviously I haven't been a super involved member of this community, but I have attended several MGC's in the last so many years and I used to post in here every year running up to the show. I did the Moofpack room at MGC a couple of years as well, along with a handful of great friends. Maybe that will help you put a face to the post, but that's okay if it doesn't.

I actually took on the role of Social Media Coordinator for one of my old jobs, so I'm pretty comfortable with it. I'm best with Twitter and Facebook, though I have experience with others like Tumblr and Instagram. Let me know what you're looking for specifically and I'd love to help out. It'd be a great way to get back into this community and put my experience to use. :)
    Trickman and Plankfan like this.
  5. Trickman

Hey Moofers. Welcome back! Thanks for answering the call. We'll be happy to fill you in via private convo very soon.