Welcome new members!

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Trickman, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

Welcome new peoples!
  2. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

Welcome to the site to those that are new here!
  3. Retro Revenge

Retro Revenge Lurker

What's up everyone! My name is Lawrence and I'm a big retro video game collector and gamer. When I realized I suck at these next gen / current gen video games, I missed the days of past when games were more simplified, yet challenging. This made me want to relive my youth by playing old games. I first started playing the games again on emulators, but the collector in me realized that there are still games out there in the wild to buy, and can be pretty valuable if you find the right ones.

Me and a few of my buddies one night decided to have a retro game night and we had a blast playing old games and it brought back so many fond memories. One day, my friends and I decided that one day we should film ourselves playing on YouTube because we were all so competitive and love paying video games. So me and my friend Chris (The Pixel Head on the left) decided to make this a reality and we started our YouTube show called Retro Revenge, where we have a little retro gaming competition between us. We've been having a blast making our show and love interacting with fellow Retro Gamers and sharing these fond memories of our childhood.

Another YouTuber told us to check out Retroids and what a strong gaming community you guys are so I figured I would check it out. Can't wait to see what this site is all about!
  4. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Hi Lawrence. Welcome to VGEvo! (Just for clarity -- Retroids is the old site name, and actually is the parent company of VGEvo. It will have it's own webpage soon). We love talking about games...old and new. Feel free to chime in with your own experiences and we hope you enjoy it here. Any questions we can help you with, just let us know. Take care!
  5. Aotihav

Aotihav Bronze Member

Hi all! I was shunted to this site by a friend who recommended it, and I've finally decided to plop down with an account =P.
    Plankfan likes this.
  6. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

Welcome welcome! Just in time for the holidays :)
  7. Trickman

Welcome! We hope you enjoy it here. Feel free to participate in the discussions and/or start your own. Any questions, we'll try to help. Thanks and enjoy!
  8. Draknus

Draknus Bronze Member

Hello!

My name is Draknus. I found out about this site through Midwest Gaming Classic a few months ago and finally decided to sign up. I stream on twitch from time to time, and I do enjoy retro and retro-like games a lot.

Questions? Comments? Random statements to be taken out of context for hilarity's sake?
    Trickman likes this.
  9. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

Welcome to the site Draknus. :)
  10. Trickman

Welcome! If you have a regular stream channel, just let me know and I'll add it to our front page sidebar streams that appear when someone is doing a live stream. Thanks. Hope you enjoy the site!
  11. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Hello, Draknus. Always nice to see new people.