What are you playing this week? 10th September 2014!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RayG, Sep 9, 2014.

1. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

Wow it's Wednesday again and with it it's time to tell everybody what you've been playing and whether you'd recommend it to you're fellow VG-Evo-pulps, it's almost like it's destiny! So:

What have you been playing?
    What are you playing now?
    What are you playing this weekend?

512px-Jabit copy.jpg

As for me, I've spent most of my time doing other non-game related stuff, but my nephew was visting again and we played the new 1.8 update to Minecraft! :p We went on an adventure to find a rabbit.

But enough about me, what about you? Answer as you see fit.
    Prime likes this.
  2. GRSonic

GRSonic Gotta Derp Fast!

Destiny on PS4

Yeah, its only that I'll be playing for this week. Though I'll probably throw in inFamous First Light, Minecraft PS4 and Velocity 2X in the mix. Just in case I want to take a break from Destiny.
    Prime likes this.
  3. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I've been playing more Diablo III Reaper of Souls - and believe it or not I actually picked my Vita back up yesterday so I was playing some Hotline Miami, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden and Soul Sacrifice Delta - I really do love that wee machine. I just bought the official licensed trigger grips for it a few days ago, but they're coming in from America, so I have a long wait ahead of me. Fingers crossed they get here before our Sick Kids Save Point event.

If you don't know what the trigger grips are, it's essentially a wee plastic shell you slide the vita into that surrounds it with a controller-like grip and dualshock-like shoulder triggers, giving it a better form factor in your hands and making it feel a bit like a proper controller! here's a pic :)

[​IMG]

Looking forward to using it!
    Randum likes this.
  4. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

I like that grip thing on the Vita, I have so many hand cramps on that thing...

This week will be all about Destiny for me. I plan on tackling it the rest of the week probably staying up later than I should...
    Prime likes this.
  5. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Prime likes this.
  6. Moofers

Moofers Moderator Staff Member

Haven't had much time this week. Its been Zombi U (Wii U) and Diablo 3 UEE (PS4). Really wish I could just take like a week off of work and get my fill. I'm pretty excited about Hyrule Warriors, but I feel super guilty buying it with all the other games I have to play. I guess there's no rush to be there on day one, but I'd like to support it.

Gotta finish Diablo so I can try out a Crusader. My Demon Hunter is so close to the end!
  7. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

How do you like Zombi U? I found it for cheap and haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
  8. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Not much time for gaming lately :(

Managed to complete a few LYNE dailies (I can stop anytime, really!), saved a few children in Road Not Taken (so hard, yet so sweet), nearing the end of Deus Ex ( ... I think, surprisingly lengthy game).
    Prime likes this.
  9. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I finished Hotline Miami. Such a strange and wonderful game. Nuckin' Futs is probably the best way to describe it. I'm really looking forward to the sequel now. Vita is so the best way to go with that game, the strafe-lock-on system when tapping on enemies is not only a lovely addition but makes the game really fun when your plans of what to do have tons of success :)

ChryZ likes this.
  10. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Hotline Miami should be horrible on paper, but works so well as a game, such twisted fever trip of glitch, gore, pixels, vhs distortion and neon bliss.

... AND the glorious soundtrack, M|O|O|N's Hydrogen and Crystals will be with me forever.
  11. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

How are you finding Deus Ex now you're near the end? I love that game and I think it's much more enjoyable than Human Revolution ;)

And speaking of cyberpunk, I've been playing Shadowrun on the snes and Shadowrun Returns. Both are good :)
  12. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

I enjoy Deus Ex now much more than in the beginning, but do prefer Human Revolution in every possible way. Clearly the original is a product of its time, that considered it IS a very remarkable title and definitely a classic. Just not a timeless classic.
  13. Moofers

Moofers Moderator Staff Member

Man it's pretty good. It's intense and has incredible atmosphere. I can only play it in 45 min bursts because it's so incredibly oppressive. You can get lost in it.

The more I play, the more I can't believe the lukewarm reviews it got. It's one of the best survival horror games in years. It's just you in a mostly open city with a couple of objectives at a time and you try to make your progress and doing anything to stay alive. If you die you play as a new survivor and your old one is out there, zombified and stalking the area where they went down. You have to find them and kill them to get your items back, which makes for a sort of interesting "corpse run" dynamic. Your friends also have their dead survivors show up in your game too, and that's always when I'm not expecting it so far! Lol

I really am impressed. I wish more people would get to play it because I think serious horror and survival fans will really dig it.
  14. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

Like randum i'm spending a ton of time on destiny. But trying not to lose track of Divinity: Original Sin. It's as if Diablo and Valkyria Chronicles had a baby that was better than both of them. Not sure if I'll be able to go back to grid based SRPG's after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

You obviously haven't been playing any Disgaea games then, pah!
  16. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

Yeah
    so
    Destiny.
    That's pretty much it.

I little bit of Velocity 2X on the vita.