What are you playing this week? 17th June 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RayG, Jun 17, 2015.

1. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

Hi there and welcome back to another What Are You Playing This Week Thread! This is your place to talk about what games you've been playing, what you are playing now and whether you'd recommend it to your fellow game playing types.

kitten.jpg
    Anyone else remember the Anime Web Turnpike?

As for me, I'm still playing Silent Hill 4 (scary) and Megaman Legends (happy), but as there is a steam sale on I finally bought the Blade Kitten Episode 2 DLC! I love Blade Kitten so much and I don't really know why :D Obviously it's a nice looking game but I think maybe it's because it reminds me of looking at anime fan comics way back in the early 2000's.

But enough about me, what about you? Answer as you see fit!
  2. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

going to start Witcher 3 , and some more Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed for vita
  3. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

ChryZ, the lovely gent that he is decided he'd buy me some steam games for my birthday - what a lovely fellow! He got me Ori and the Blind Forest, Savant Ascent and Shovel Knight - a fine selection.

I had a go of Savant Ascent and it's mind-bogglingly difficult for something so simple to control. Most of the danger happens off-screen when you're shooting at things on the opposite side, so you can't see new things pop in and attack.

I also played Shovel Knight, it's been a game I've been wanting to play for a while now and one of my buddies and who also happens to be a colleague on YouTube - HaylenGames - has already covered the game in his let's play! It's an awesome game, retro bliss at its finest!

Ori and the Blind Forest on the other hand is an exquisite piece of art to be appreciated more than it is to be "played"even still, the gameplay is astonishing. In a Metroid-y fashion you gain power ups and new abilities around the huge map. I've just gained the ability to bounce enemy projectiles around while ricocheting in the opposite direction which climaxes in an incredible display of beauty and heart-pounding action. It's simultaneously subtle and muted but insanely epic - and that massive owl thing looks so intimidating.

Other than that, just the usual mix of Destiny and various other games. The E3 gamplay of Street Fighter V (Charlie looks freakin' awesome) made me want to go back and play some USFIV though, so I have been playing a little more of that too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  4. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

I can't stop playing Savant Ascent. It's hard to pick up, the CD unlocks are key, the more abilities you unlock, the more the whole thing gets manageable and fun. It's almost like the Souls game were you have to get over the initial hump, BUT when you get rolling, then it's glorious:

Such a gamer's game, so much gameplay depth.