What are you playing this week? 4th February 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RayG, Feb 4, 2015.

1. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

Welcome back folks! It's Wedensday again so it's time to find out what we've all been playing! So, what have you been playing this week? What will you be playing later? Any recommendations?

Legend.jpg

As for me, I've kinda spent my spare time playing around with Game Maker rather than playing games! It's pretty cool and I've spent the last two days making ZX spectrum style sprites to put in it! But I have been playing on and off The Legend of Zelda for the NES! I guess it's OK ;)

But enough about me, what about you? Answer as you see fit!
  2. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I've been playing...

Sorry RayG. You went mad and killed yourself.
    RayG likes this.
  3. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

For whatever reason I didn't play many games in January, but started off with a bang this month. In addition to the two I completed on that thread, I've also played Blue Flamingo, with a cool story behind it's design, but unfortunately boring gameplay to go with it.

Additionally I've been playing a lot of Race the Sun, it's very challenging, but every so often I get in the zone (usually early in my runs). I haven't gotten past the 4th region yet.

Also been spending some time with Beyond Gravity, which is effectively a phone game on Steam, but fun to kill some time with.

I also put a little time in May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville... a poor man's Professor Layton clone. No seriously, even the music sounds like it's ripping off Layton puzzle music.

Oniken has some sweet challenging old school gameplay... I started this one after watching Prime's "You've Got 5 minutes" video on it. I'm on the 5th mission, and making good progress.

And finally, I put a fair amount of time into Lovely Planet. This Katamari induced FPS is bright, cheerful, and tough as nails! It's basically speedrunning the most colorful FPS you've ever seen. And it truly requires getting in the zone to be successful. There's almost a rhythm to it, where if you lose your rhythm, you're just not going to survive the level. I'm about halfway through the second zone, and each zone seems to have around 20 levels. I imagine this will keep me busy for a while!
  4. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Been playing Infamous: First Light (PS4). It's a great game with an intriguing story. NES Remix 2 (Wii U) which has Championship Mode and Super Luigi Bros (Mario Bros that scrolls left instead of right). Pretty fun! Lastly, PowerStar Golf (XB1) - This "fremium" golf game lets you unlock more as you go as you gain XP. Alternatively, you can pay for courses, but I think I'll get plenty out of it without paying a dime. I like the fact that you can see how your friends did on the same hole you played, and you'll gain XP if you beat their distance to the hole, etc.
  5. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Currently I'm only playing Metro Last Light. I'm actually shocked how much more I enjoy the game than the first title of the series. 2033 was so spotty and not optimized. Just having a higher, more solid framerate makes hella difference in a first person experience. The reduced input lag makes aiming a joy in Last Light, therefore firefights way more fun. They've improved pretty much everything else too, better characters, more detailed locations, pacing, also the gameplay is more varied. Can't wait to play more.
  6. shill11

shill11 Bronze Member

Can't seem to stick with one thing lately. Got into the Heroes of the Storm beta, I think I enjoy League more but I can't really invest an hour into a single match any more so this is a quicker alternative. Playing some BF Hardline beta as well, fun but I don't think I will take the plunge. Finally playing some DK Tropical Freeze, which is a lot harder then I expected but fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. Demcka

Demcka Bronze Member

Monster Wheels. Glad I got to this one while we're still trudging through the last weeks of winter - it's perfect for snow days.